A fantastic opportunity has just become available within an expanding biopharmaceutical company that continues to make strides in the Oncology space. Working from their San Francisco office, the Scientist or Senior Scientist will be responsible for supporting the scale-up and tech-transfer of recombinant protein production processes including the development, optimization, and characterization of microbial fermentation, mammalian cell culture, and primary recovery process.
We are partnering with a mid-sized clinical stage biopharma that has a robust pipeline to really push on through 2020 and beyond. This position will be in a leadership position to set up a pilot lab, including procuring equipment and ensure proper working conditions for the process development team. They will design and execute experiments to characterize manufacturing processes to produce recombinant proteins.
• Oversee process development, scale-up, and GMP production activities at CMOs and support tech transfers
• Develop, optimize, and characterize microbial fermentation, mammalian cell culture, and primary recovery process
• Designs and executes fermentation and mammalian cell culture process to express recombinant proteins
• Analyzes quality of expressed proteins by using basic analytical techniques including SDS-PAGE, HPLC, etc.
• Defines complex problems, develops approaches and experiments
• PhD and 2+ years of industry experience or master’s degree and 5+ years of experience in process development and fermentation
• Experience and familiarity of small-scale bioreactors (10L – 250L)
• Must have experience in upstream process development, microbial fermentation, and cell culture
• Previous experience leading a team is a plus
The full job description and company details are available upon application. This position is being handled by Sara at Meet, call +1 650-763-2376 or email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further and in confidence.
You can find more about Sara and Meet online at www.peoplewithchemistry.com