Terms & Conditions of Business – Meet Inc
Introduction of Candidates to Clients for Direct Employment/Engagement
This Agreement is made between Meet Recruitment Inc (“Meet Inc”), and the person, organization or corporate body, to whom a candidate is introduced (“the Client”). These terms are legally binding and enforceable, therefore please read carefully.
- All business undertaken by Meet Inc on behalf of the Client is subject to these terms and conditions. No variation or alteration of these Terms shall be valid unless expressly approved in writing and signed by authorized representatives of the Client and Meet Inc.
- To enable Meet Inc to introduce suitable candidates, the Client shall provide details of the position which the Client seeks to fill including the type of work; the anticipated salary, benefits (including but not limited to paid vacation and sick leave, healthcare, dental, vision, disability and life insurances, and training) and expenses; the location and hours of work; the experience, training and qualifications necessary; and any risks to health and safety known to the Client.
- The Client agrees that an introduction shall be deemed to have taken place when Meet Inc provides to the Client any information (whether in writing or otherwise), which identifies a candidate, who is not presently and has not been in active discussion with the Client, for the purpose of hiring, for the 6 months preceding the candidate being identified to the Client, whether or not the candidate was known previously by the Client.
- Following the introduction of a candidate to the Client, if an appointment is made within 12 months by the Client, by any subsidiary or associated company of the Client, or any third party to whom the Client has passed the candidate’s details, then the Client shall pay Meet Inc’s fees as set out in these terms.
- The Client shall notify Meet Inc within 5 days of an offer being made to a candidate and whether than offer has been accepted, and shall provide full details of the salary payable and benefits package available.
- Meet Inc does not and will not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, veteran status, or any other unlawful criterion when selecting and introducing candidates.
- The fee payable to Meet Inc shall be agreed based on the candidate’s total remuneration due in the first 12 months (plus Sales Taxes where applicable). Should the Client fail to advise Meet Inc of an appointment within 5 days of the start date, Meet Inc will charge a fee equivalent as per the agreed terms plus any outstanding interest, or costs as set out in clause 8.
- An invoice will be issued by Meet Inc on the day the candidate commences the appointment and is payable within 30 days of its date of issue, after which interest at a rate of 3 percent above the base rate, will accrue on the sum due. If the candidate's actual first year's total remuneration is greater than anticipated, Meet Inc will be entitled to issue a supplementary invoice for the balance of its fee at the end of the candidate's first year of employment. If Meet incurs any legal costs as a result of non-or late payment of an invoice, the Client will become liable to pay such costs.
The Client agrees to supply Meet Inc with any required purchase order within 30 days of the appointment of a candidate. Where the Client fails to do so Meet Inc is authorized to invoice the Client without an accompanying purchase order.
- If the appointment terminates before the agreed period from the commencement of appointment an agreed refund will be allowed against the Meet Inc’s fee for each complete week not worked by the candidate.
None of the fee will be refunded by Meet Inc if:-
(a) the Client fails to notify Meet Inc of the termination of employment in writing within 14 days of such termination,
(b) the Client has failed to pay the invoice within 30 days of the date of the invoice,
(c) the candidate is made redundant,
(d) the cause of termination has no bearing upon the candidate's ability or integrity or character.
- For the duration of this Agreement the Client agrees not to solicit any employee of Meet Inc. For the avoidance of doubt, the Client shall be permitted to interview or employ any employee of Meet Inc who approaches any Client employee directly (by online application or otherwise), is referred to the Client by a third party or who has made their interest in a new role known to the Client.
For the duration of this Agreement Meet Inc agrees not to solicit any employee of the Client. For the avoidance of doubt, Meet Inc shall be permitted to work with any employee of the client who approaches any Meet Inc employee directly (by online application or otherwise), is referred to Meet Inc by a third party or who has made their interest in a new role known to Meet Inc.
- Meet Inc shall use reasonable endeavours to introduce suitable candidates to the Client, however, the Client must satisfy itself of the suitability and capability of a candidate for employment. Where required, Meet Inc will take references, but the Client is responsible for satisfying itself that the references are adequate to verify skills, qualifications, integrity, the necessity of any work permits and the satisfaction of any medical requirements.
Meet Inc does not accept liability for any loss or expense incurred by the client and arising directly or indirectly from the introduction of a candidate or from any statement or representation made by or on Meet Inc’s behalf. Notwithstanding this, Meet’s maximum aggregate cap on liability under these Terms will be the total amount paid by the Client to Meet.
- The terms and conditions under these Terms supersede any other previous terms of business or any other terms between the parties hereto.
- If any provision of these Terms is deemed invalid or unenforceable under applicable laws, it shall be considered severed from the remaining terms and conditions which shall stand as binding and in full force and effect.
- Either party to these terms may terminate this Agreement at any time by serving notice in writing by email to the other party. Notice will be deemed served immediately where the email is sent to a known relevant contact of the other party during normal business hours, or if outside normal business hours on the next business day.