An exciting role has just become available in an expanding pharmaceutical company. The Scientist will be responsible for evaluating existing engineering methods and devising new ones to build improved phages in terms of their safety, efficacy, or manufacturing profiles.
We are partnering with a small clinical stage company that has a strong biologics pipeline to push through 2020 and beyond. This position will be involved in the isolation and characterization of new phages and develop and validate assays required for the transition of drug candidates to manufacturing.
• Comfortable handling a variety of BSL2 pathogenic bacteria safely
• Must be proficient in one or more cloning techniques
• Working knowledge of DNA extraction, amplification, and analysis methods (PCR, restriction digestion, gel electrophoresis)
• Experience with genetic manipulation of bacteriophages
• Experience with high throughput screening is desirable
• PhD in bacterial genetics, genetic engineering, and/or synthetic biology of prokaryotes; Master’s degree with 4+ years of experience may be considered
• Must have prior experience in a laboratory setting
• Relevant experience in prokaryotic microbiology including molecular cloning, genetic engineering, high throughput functional screening and synthetic biology
• Be able to follow existing protocols and develop new ones where appropriate
The full job description and company details are available upon application. This position is being handled by Sara at Meet, call +1 650-763-2376 or email directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss further and in confidence.
You can find more about Sara and Meet online at www.peoplewithchemistry.com