A brand-new opportunity has just become available within a rapidly growing commercial stage company that has a massive pipeline focused on rare disease and gene therapy in the Bay area. They are looking to add a Scientist I to their team who would be responsible for developing robust statistical and computational approaches to analyze and integrate genomics data and evaluating bioinformatics methods. We are working with a mid-sized company that has multiple commercial products on the market and a few upcoming launches! The Scientist would be expected to evaluate and develop bioinformatics methods to integrate, summarize and report genetic, genomic, and other omics data and serve as a computational biology ambassador on project teams.
• Apply and develop robust statistical and computational approaches to analyze and integrate omics data to drive disease/target/biomarker identification, mechanistic investigation, causal inference, and hypothesis generation/testing.
• Utilize public and internally generated ASE data to identify and prioritize therapeutic targets for drug development.
• Evaluate and develop bioinformatics methods to integrate, summarize and report genetic, genomic, and other omics data.
• PhD in bioinformatics, biostatistics, computational biology, or quantitative genetics
• 2+ years of industry experience
• Proficient in statistical and scripting programming languages such as R, Python, HAIL, etc., and experience with high performance computing or AWS
The full job description and company details are available upon application. This position is being handled by Sabrina at Meet, call +1 628-336-2757 or email directly at email@example.com to discuss further and in confidence.
You can find more about Sabrina and Meet online at www.peoplewithchemistry.com