Bioinformatics Scientist, 12-month contract is available in a well-established top 10 pharmaceutical company. The position is available remotely in the UK with a base in central Cambridge should it be needed. As bioinformatics scientist in this data led enterprise, your responsibilities will include researching and building software-based diagnostics to ensure the delivery of the best treatment to patients. With recent investments in R&D now is the best time to join this pharma and benefit from their newfound dedication to the growth and development of their employees.
This role is ideal for the individual seeking a strong longer-term opportunity with a globally established player.
As bioinformatics Scientist in this industry leading pharmaceutical company, your responsibilities will include:
- Management of data exchange with collaborators, ingestion, annotation and making the genomics datasets analysis ready
- Deployment and support of Precision Medicine & Bio samples, data analysis software and bioinformatic workflows and pipelines
- Management, analysis, and delivery of NGS essays including rigorous quality control of results from clinical trials, and automated cross checking of multiple data sources to validate analyses by external vendors
- Contribution of data from analysis of genomics datasets to support regulatory submissions
- Relevant PhD or MSc
- 3 years relevant experience working in the field of genetics / genomics / computational biology / biostatistics
- Strong grasp of sequence variant level data manipulation
- Proven ability with experience in a similar role, ideally within pharmaceuticals, biotech, or diagnostics industry
- Experience with high performance computing, cloud-based bioinformatics and parallel processing
Please do not hesitate to apply as this opportunity has a fast-paced interview process. Full details are available upon application. Applications are handled in line with GDPR guidelines.
Apply below or contact Laurie Watts at Meet on 0203 927 4278. Alternatively, email directly to Laurie@peoplewithchemistry.com
Find out more about Laurie and Meet at www.peoplewithchemistry.com