Vice President (Head of) Medicinal Chemistry - Oncology (Small Molecules)
An exciting cutting-edge precision medicine biotech are looking to hire a Vice President of Medicinal Chemistry for their growing oncology portfolio!
You will lead their medicinal chemistry team and join them on their quest against the fight of life threatening diseases worldwide!
They are funded by top tier venture capital firms.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Provide strategic leadership for the medicinal chemistry department, aligning efforts with the company's oncology-focused objectives.
- Lead and manage medicinal chemistry projects, overseeing the design and optimization of small molecules targeting oncology pathways.
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams, including biology, pharmacology, and DMPK, to ensure integrated and successful drug discovery efforts.
- Mentor and develop a high-performing team of medicinal chemists, fostering a collaborative and innovative research environment.
- Drive the identification and evaluation of new drug targets and therapeutic approaches in the oncology space.
- Build and maintain external collaborations with leading academic institutions and industry partners to enhance our drug discovery capabilities.
- Contribute to the development and execution of intellectual property strategies for medicinal chemistry programs.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory standards and contribute to the preparation of regulatory submissions.
- Effectively communicate progress, challenges, and strategies to executive leadership and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and the implementation of best practices within the medicinal chemistry department
- PhD in Medicinal Chemistry or related field with a minimum of [X] years of relevant industry experience.
- Proven track record of leadership in medicinal chemistry within the oncology therapeutic area.
- Strong experience in successfully advancing small molecule drug discovery programs from early research to preclinical development.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead high-performing teams.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Track record of successful external collaborations and partnerships.
- In-depth knowledge of oncology drug discovery and relevant regulatory requirements.
Please contact Caroline Schlueter on +16468223414 or email email@example.com if you would like to know more about this opportunity.