Looking for an experienced Tax Associate to join our finance team. In this role, you are responsible for overseeing tax projects and efficiently and accurately file the company's tax returns. The expertise you will bring is crucial to steering the complex tax regulations and contribution to the organization.
Strategic Tax Planning:
- Devise and execute comprehensive tax strategies to optimize the global tax position of the company. Offer expert guidance on the tax implications of international business activities and transactions.
Transfer Pricing Expertise:
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of transfer pricing tax implications and proficiently implement partnership tax strategies. Navigate and manage tax considerations associated with transfer pricing.
Tax Project Oversight:
- Take charge of overseeing and managing diverse tax-related projects, ensuring strict adherence to all regulatory requirements and deadlines.
Tax Return Management:
- Lead the preparation and review of federal, state, and local tax returns for the company. Demonstrate proficiency in R&D credits studies and associated calculations, ensuring precision and timely submission of all filings.
Global Tax Compliance Support:
- Assist in the non-US tax compliance process, including active involvement in foreign VAT and indirect tax filings.
Regulatory Compliance Monitoring:
- Stay abreast of evolving tax laws and regulations, evaluating their impact on company operations. Uphold compliance with all tax laws and regulatory requirements.
Financial Analysis and Reporting:
- Conduct in-depth financial analysis related to taxes, generate insightful reports, and present findings to senior management, offering valuable insights into the tax implications of corporate strategies.
- Collaborate closely with various departments, such as Accounting and Legal, to ensure seamless integration of tax strategies and compliance throughout the organization.
- Provide crucial support during tax audits, including the preparation of responses and documentation for auditors.
- Identify and proactively mitigate potential tax risks. Stay vigilant to changes in international tax laws and adjust strategies to align with evolving regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field; a Master’s degree or CPA is highly desirable.
- A minimum of 8 years of hands-on experience in tax within a public accounting firm, with a preference for expertise in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Demonstrated strong knowledge of tax laws and regulations, showcasing a comprehensive understanding of the evolving tax landscape.
- Proficiency in utilizing tax software and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, to facilitate accurate and efficient tax-related tasks.
Analytical and Organizational Abilities:
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills, emphasizing the capability to navigate complex tax scenarios with precision.
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to articulate complex tax issues in a clear and concise manner, tailored for a non-expert audience.
Independence and Project Management:
- Proven ability to work independently and efficiently manage multiple projects within a deadline-driven environment.
- Flexibility to perform additional duties as needed, showcasing adaptability and a willingness to contribute beyond the specified role requirements.