An established medical device company located in Orange County, CA is looking to hire an experienced Senior R&D Engineer specialized in computational modeling and structural FEA for vascular implants. This individual will support early phase R&D projects focused on design and evaluation of neurovascular implant devices.
This Sr. Engineer will work within a specialized team within the R&D group to support development of new computational modeling tools and capabilities for the department and receive guidance and support from an expert! This opportunity offers stability, growth opportunities, and a competitive compensation package.
- Create and use structural finite-element modeling tools for designing and assessing neurovascular devices.
- Apply basic principles of mechanical design and solid/fluid mechanics to advance product development projects.
- Collaborate with R&D and product development teams to bring new products to market.
- Use computational modeling and simulation to create new test methods, integrate materials and processes, and evaluate device performance.
- Produce technical reports for submission to regulatory agencies.
- Analyze computational modeling and simulation results and translate into conclusions.
- MS or PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, or similar.
- Minimum of 3 years' industry or research experience in structural finite-element modeling of vascular implant devices.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience implementing non-linear structural FEA models using Abaqus implicit and explicit codes.
- Experience with CFD modeling and CAD modeling in Solidworks.