My client is a is a global, clinical stage biotechnology company built on the premise of innovation and novel paradigm-changing science. Using tumor mutation profiles to engineer fully individualized T cell therapies, my client is bringing new hope to address the current limitations of treatments available today.
My client is seeking an initiative-taking individual to join us as a Senior Associate, Analytical Development that will focus on the development of molecular biological assays for characterizing engineered TCR T-cell therapy. Additionally, this role contributes to the establishment, development, and qualification of PCR and NGS assays. This role is based out of Santa Monica, CA, and reports directly to the Senior Engineer, Analytical Development.
- Develop molecular biological assays for characterizing T-cell therapy drug substance and drug products using qPCR, dPCR and NGS.
- Perform routine assays for drug product release and characterization.
- Complete projects, testing and tasks as assigned and report results by deadlines.
- Assist in the everyday operation of analytical laboratories, including equipment management and reagent inventory.
The anticipated salary range for candidates who will work in Santa Monica, CA is $70,000 to $95,000. The final salary offered to a successful candidate will be dependent on several factors that may include but are not limited to the type and length of experience within the job type and length of experience within the industry, education, etc.
- BS degree in Molecular Biology or related discipline with 2+ years relevant experience OR MS in the aforementioned concentrations with 1+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in executing and optimizing assays and analyzing data using multiple molecular biological platforms, e.g., qPCR, dPCR, Illumina Miseq, Oxford Nanopore, etc.
- Hands-on experience in nucleotide extraction, PCR and library preparation
- Bioinformatic data analysis is a plus.
- Detail-oriented in both technical assay development and data analysis.
- Strong written and presentation skills for scientific studies and projects.
- Enjoy a fast-paced, dynamic start-up company environment and able to adjust workload based upon changing priorities.