Meet has partnered with an industry leading medical device company located in North Los Angeles is looking to hire a Technical Project Manager to drive a next generation product development team for their neuromodulation product line.
The leadership team is looking for a technical R&D Project Manager specialized in connected devices and complex system development with experience managing NPD Projects for hospital use device products. This individual drive complex and cross-disciplinary product development for firmware, systems, and hardware engineering teams. The position will work closely with the upstream, voice of customer and clinical study teams to understand product needs and provide input on user experience and device development. This role will require demonstrated experience managing complex device development projects from concept to commercialization.
ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Leads cross functional teams through a medical device product development lifecycle (from concept to FDA filing and subsequent commercialization).
- Leads the team through Phase Gate and other Go/No-Go decisions by executive leadership, ensuring that decisions are informed by a balanced and clearly articulated representation of the relevant data.
- Responsible for synthesizing the project work breakdown structures, schedules and project risk into an integrated plan. Leads the cross functional development of product architecture for each functional area, synthesizes functional plans and identifies critical interdependencies to drive successful execution of the overall project.
- Manages the roles, responsibilities, goals and deliverables for core and extended team members and partner with functional leaders to ensure appropriate Core Team resources are setup for success and delivering on objectives.
- Ensures alignment of product value proposition and business objectives to the project scope and plan
- Create and foster team dynamics for high performance
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering with 4-7 years of experience in new product development within the regulated medical device industry with 2-3 years being in a project/program manager role
- Experience and a track record of developing and launching novel medical products (FDA Class II minimum with Class III highly desired)
- Experience in Med Tech industry developing electromechanical devices with software systems is required; technical engineering focus in software development is required
- Proven ability to lead cross functional teams through a medical device product development lifecycle. Requires a thorough understanding of all functional work streams in a phase gate process and ability to distill functional complexities into an integrated project vision and plan.
- Strong horizontal and vertical communicator. Represents self and program with an executive presence. Must possess exceptional written and oral communication skills along with effective meeting management and group facilitation abilities.
- Demonstrates a high level of business acumen integrated across finance, marketing, sales, service, R&D and manufacturing.
- Experience leading software and hardware development teams, including Mobile App, GUI/UI, Software, Electrical, Mechanical, Firmware and Enterprise Software solutions
- Demonstrated ability to successfully influence people and teams at all levels without direct authority.
- Proficiency with typical Project management and collaboration tools (MS Project, Confluence/Jira, etc.)